Image via Wikipedia
I thought it’d be important as I setup that organization to outlast my tenure as Executive Director. I’m taking it step by step. Its established now, even attracting sponsors and producing the events (like the Wine Blogger Conference in Sonoma in the Fall). Behind the scenes I am preparing to announce the board of directors, a new strategic partner that will help attract potentially thousands of members, and eventually closing on getting official non-profit status (because there isn’t a membership fee I really need to get some revenue to pay for the non-profit paperwork preparation – a non-trivial task).
In the meantime, its pretty cool to have the Wikipedia page, in a geeky sorta way.
- Wikipedia scores $3m donation
- Wikipedia Seeks Fresh Revenue Trails to Blaze
- Wikipedia receives $500,000 from another VC [Failanthropy]
- Who’s really running Wikipedia? [The Sum Of All Human Knowledge]
- Wikipedia Gets $3 Million Sloane Foundation Grant